The South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program (SOSCP) Sustainable Agriculture Program provides guidance and support for farmers and landowners toward opportunities that enable conscientious environmental stewardship objectives for enhancing regional biodiversity, habitat, and species conservation, while supporting local agricultural production.
Our vision is to cultivate strong community partnerships that increase environmental awareness, foster knowledge-sharing, and achieve stewardship objectives by encouraging the development and uptake of stewardship programs, services, and resources designed to support landowners with the tools and solutions to integrate viable sustainable agricultural practices into their businesses.
We offer services to support agricultural landowners in achieving their sustainability goals:
- On-farm Sustainability Assessments
- Sustainability Management Plans
- Sustainable Agriculture Workshops
- Knowledge-Sharing Events & Networking Opportunities
- Resources and Materials
- Website and Phone Support
- Assistance Connecting with Other Organizations and Funding Opportunities
Bryn White, SOSCP Program Manager
Phone: (250) 490-8225
Theresa Loewen, Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator